Monday 22 April 2019

TENS machine

Good morning and happy Easter Monday

Today on the blog I have a TENS machine for you.

Tens stands for Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation and its used to treat pain symptoms, You attach the pads directly to your skin. When the machine is switched on, small electrical impulses are delivered to the affected area of your body, which you feel as a tingling sensation.
The electrical impulses can reduce the pain signals going to the spinal cord and brain, which may help relieve pain and relax muscles. They may also stimulate the production of endorphins, which are the body's natural painkillers, I have to say this last part really works for me, I suffer from arthritis in my hips, knees and left foot.
I purchased mine from amazon and here's the link -
It comes with 4 large and 4 small sticky electrodes, instructions, charger etc.
Very easy to set up and use, I put all the large electrodes and all the small electrodes together but you can put them in any combo you like as they are a snap on atachment.
There are 16 modes and 8 levels with the one I purchased, I really like mode 4 and 16 the best. Its really helped back the arthritis pain off, I've used it on my lower back and hips, shoulders and on my left foot. The timer mode means you can have it on as little as 10 minutes or as long as an hour, its batter powered, I used mine every day since purchase on the 12th April and it still has 2 out of 3 bars lit.  If you have any kind of pain issue this will be good, although I'm not sure how fibromyalgia suffers would get along with this, but at only £20 its worth a try.  This unit is also very small, think of your old MP3 player from the 90's or a bar phone from then, in fact my hubs seriously thought theyd used old MP3 player cases. The cables for the electrodes are nice and long as well.
This is the best thing I've bought for my arthritis ever, forget your copper bracelet or wheat bag.
One note in the last picture I have not shown the USB plug that came with it, mainly because I have several of those being used for various phones and tablets so didnt need another when I can just unplug a cable. It really does come with everything you need!






No comments:

Post a Comment